As I sit here, one month later, shaking off my rusty blogging skills, I feel pretty much the same. I am a month older, a month further into my new wonderful job, and one month closer to Christmas. That's about it.
It almost seems that is what I needed though. The shocking realization that blogging is never going to get easier, it will always be a happy chore that I have to set aside time for. A hobby chore, that I love so very much.
So I will continue baking and dumping goodies on my friends to get them out of my house, continue snapping an unnecessary amount of photos at friendly gathering, happy hours, brunches, hikes and during trips. I will continue to struggle with posting five times a week, but will make it work as often as possible.
But mostly I will continue to document my now 24th year, to one day look back on and smile at the wonderful things I've experienced. I'll likely look back and realize I ate too many sweets, and baked too many goodies. But hopefully I will have shared them with friends, and on the interwebs, spreading a little cheer in the mean time. Deep, I know.
So hello blog friends! Happy November! What's new in your worlds?
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
Adapted from All Recipes
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Combine pumpkin, sugar, vegetable oil, and egg.
- In a separate bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, ground cinnamon, and salt.
- Dissolve the baking soda with the milk and stir in.
- Add flour mixture to pumpkin mixture and mix well.
- Add vanilla & chocolate chips.
- Drop by spoonful on greased cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 11 minutes, or until lightly brown and firm.
YUM! I'm going to try them with carob instead of chocolate (I'm allergic to chocolate..tragic, I know!) .. If you do end up discovering those blogging secrets LET ME KNOW hahahaha!ReplyDelete
HOORAY, YOU'RE BACK! I've missed your bloggs, my little sparklefarkle.ReplyDelete
Love you, Mom :)