One of my favorite ways to prepare veggies is to roast them in the oven. It's so quick and takes minimal effort, and while they're roasting you can throw together the rest of dinner - salad, chicken, steak, whatever floats your boat.
I've been loving this roasted cauliflower, carrots, onion & sweet potato mixture. Slightly adapted from this recipe, you could probably season it with anything and it would still taste delicious. But if you do take the time to try our my version, let me know what you think!
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 1/2 an onion
- 3-4 large carrots
- 1 sweet potato
- 1/2 packet of Hidden Valley Ranch seasoning packet
- 1/2 packet of Lipton Onion packet
- Red Chili Flakes
- Drizzle of olive oil
- Cut & wash all of the veggies to similar sized pieces.
- In a large bowl, toss with olive oil until there's an even layer on all of the veggies.
- Add the 1/2 packets of both seasonings, and red chili flakes - the more flakes, the spicier!
- Cover a baking sheet with tin foil, and spread the veggies evenly over the pan.
- While baking, stir/flip every 10-15 minutes to make sure nothing burns.
- It takes about 35 minutes, although you should check for tenderness throughout the cooking process. Once a fork will easily pierce the carrots or sweet potato, you're good to go!
That looks delicious. I am a fan of roasted cauliflower and can snack on that all day. I will be giving this recipe a try because I love roasted vegetables.ReplyDelete
Let me know what you think! I polished off the rest of my leftovers last night, there was no way they were lasting more than two days.Delete
Making this tonight actually!! Didn't have a ranch packet so I adapted it a bit, but it smells gooooood.ReplyDelete