Thankfully only the tiniest lingering symptoms remain. A little sluggish, the occasional congested snoring and a general feeling of unhealthiness. In the hopes of finally kicking this thing to the curb and starting the year off on a healthy note - I've decided to take a break from all sugars, dairy products & gluten - until this germ thing figures itself out. Basically 90% Paleo, which I've done a lot of research on lately, without the fruit for now. First plan of attack? Make a big 'ol pot of soup!
Cure All Soup
- 2 cans of low sodium chicken broth
- 1 can of water
- 1 can of cannellini beans
- 4 carrots
- 3 red potatoes
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 onion
- Trader Joe's chicken sausage with sundried tomatoes (fully cooked)
- 1 head of broccoli
- herbs: rosemary, thyme, oregano
- Once the onions are golden brown, add one minced carrot and chopped garlic.Sautee, adding a little salt & pepper, and a dash of the herbs.
- Add the broth and water to the pot, bring to a boil. While waiting, rinse & chop the potatoes and remaning carrots.
- Add the potatoes, boiling for a few minutes before reducing heat to a simmer. Drain and add can of beans.
- Cook on med low for 45 minutes, tasting & adding S/P, herbs as you go.
- Chop the broccoli, and the chicken sausage, adding to the pot as well. Continue cooking for another 15 minutes...and voila! Delicious cure all sicknesses soup.