I haven't had a blending device since living on my own, so the past 6 days of smoothies for breakfast have been absolute bliss. I'm sure there are about a bazillion different combinations you can make, but my go to is the recipe below. And if anyone's in the market for a magic bullet - buy the one from Costco, not Bed, Bath & Beyond. You get way more gadgets and extras for a lower price. Score.
Katherine's Favorite Smoothie
- 6 strawberries
- 1 1/2 c. spinach
- 1/2 c. fancy frozen berry medley (from Trader Joe's)
- 1/4 c. nonfat vanilla yogurt
- 1/4 blueberries (or raspberries, or a half a peach, whichever you have on hand)
- 1/2 scoop protein powder (mixed with a splash of water)
- 1/2 tbl. chia seeds
- Drink. Murmur "mmm!" after each sip.
- Get really excited that your smoothie was only 235 calories, and you'll be full for hours.