Pies people, whoopie pies.
Red Velvet Whoopie Pies with Cream Cheese Filling to be exact!
Happy Valentines Day!
Give your loved ones an extra squeeze today.
Red Velvet Whoopie Pies
From Annie's Eats
For the cookies:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp. cocoa powder
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 8 tbsp. unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ cup buttermilk, at room temperature
- 1 oz. red food coloring
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 5 tbsp. unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2½ cups confectioners’ sugar, sifted
- Using a heart cookie cutter, trace hearts on parchment paper & place on a cookie sheet.
- In a med. bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together the butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Beat in the egg until incorporated, scraping down the sides of the bowl as necessary. Add vanilla.
- With the mixer on low, beat in about a third of the dry ingredients, followed by half of the buttermilk, beating each addition until incorporated. Repeat until all the buttermilk & dry ingredients are added.
- Finally, add in the food coloring.
-Fill a large freezer bag with the batter, snip the tip, and pipe heart shapes onto the parchment paper, but don't fill the entire outline.
- Bake 7-9 minutes, rotating the pans half way through.
- Let cool, then match similar shaped hearts (one up & one down)
- Fill the face-up heart with cream cheese frosting, then form the delicious sandwiches!
I ned to go bake these before my husband gets home!ReplyDelete
They are so delicious, definitely worth a try! Hope you had a great Valentine's Day!Delete
Great,look amazing! Really enjoying your blog and am your newest follower.ReplyDelete
Thank you! :) Glad you found me.Delete
Oh. My. Gosh. You are a culinary genius and I want to marry you!ReplyDelete
Bahaha I'm not sure a certain husband of yours would approve of that. But, I would be glad to be your treat baking mistress! I always need people to share things with as to not eat the entire batch myself.Delete
Oh my goodness-If I wasn't on a super strict diet right now I would totally be making these the minute I get home...alas I wont-because I'm pretty sure I would eat them all :) XO LoriReplyDelete