I call this three day soup because that's how many days I've eaten this soup in a row (creative, I know), and let me tell you it's so so tasty. As a lover of leftovers, I usually only eat them for one meal...then I get sick of it. This soup? I could eat this for a week straight. Not to mention it was SO easy to make, and in the crockpot. As if you had to ask.
1. Sunday night dinner (not pictured) 2. Monday night dinner - topped with mini saltines. 3. A glamorous work lunch at my desk.
White Bean Chili with Chicken
Adapted from The Crock Pot Girls
- 3 tbl. olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 can (4 oz.) of chopped green chiles, drained
- 2 cans of white beans
- 1 can chicken broth
- 1.5 c. chopped chicken breast, fully cooked
- 3 tbl. flour
- 2 tsp. cumin
- garlic salt & pepper
- In large skillet, cook onion in oil for 4 minutes or until transparent.
- Add chiles, flour and cumin and stir for 2 minutes.
- Spray crock pot with cooking spray and put mixture into crock pot.
- Add beans (1 can drained, 1 with juice), chicken broth and chicken.
- Cook on low for 3 – 4 hours.
- Garnish with cheese, sour cream and salsa, if you feel like. Highly recommend mini saltines.
- Eat every meal every day until it's gone.