Oddly, that new unnatural flavor was rather delicious! I didn't figure it out until one of my last bites, and was equal parts disgusted, confused, and satisfied. I've always hated tomatoes. I've picked them off of sandwiches, removed them from salads, been careful to only eat the pureed portions of tomato sauce, even avoiding ketchup for the past 23 years of my life. Ick. I'm haunted by the memory of when my best friend's mom forced me to eat a cherry tomato in the 2nd grade. Just horrifying. And all of a sudden, I like em. It's weird.
I'm still easing into a
I can't even. These delicious little bites were gone in all of five minutes, which is about the time they took to prepare.
Cucumber Caprese Bites
Ingredients (all from Trader Joe's, a.k.a. market heaven)
- Tomatoes on the Vine
- Ovoline Whole Milk Fresh Mozzarella
- Balsamic Glaze
- Fresh Basil
- Sea Salt
- Slice cucumber into about 1/8 inch. slices. The thicker, the less you get per cucumber, but really it's up to you.
- Cut tomatoes into equal sized slices, and layer on the cucumber.
- Chop the mozzarella into thin enough slices/hunks that will satisfy your cheese craving per bite. It's very scientific.
- Chiffonade the basil, the fresher the better. Sprinkle on top if the bites.
- Drizzle with the balsamic glaze, then sprinkle with sea salt.