For real? I know. That's a normal sized fork!
I had no other choice but to make delicious muffins.
Definitely the best muffins I've ever made.
Low Fat Chocolate Chip Zucchini Muffins
Adapted from Gina's Skinny Recipes
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup white whole wheat flou
- 1/2 cup brown suga
- 1-1/8 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (don't skimp. Buy good ones!)
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- 1 cup apple sauce
- 1-1/2 cups shredded zucchini (preferably gigantic sized and fresh picked from a friend's garden.)
- Preheat the oven to 325°.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl. Whisk together.
- In a medium bowl, mix egg, vanilla, melted butter, apple sauce & zucchini.
- Add wet mixture to the flour mixture and stir until just blended.
- Add chocolate chips.
- Bake for about 20 - 25 minutes, although I recommend checking about half way through.
- They're done when you can insert a toothpick and it comes out clean (make sure you're not just stabbing a chocolate chip!)
Bonus: If you make 12 muffins, they each have about 175 calories. Perfect to bake up a big batch, freeze, and microwave for breakfast on the go!