This week has been a bit of a doozy. A day off spent in various auto shops (thanks to this), a small panic attack during a freeway tire explosion (one of my biggest fears...then it happened), the tickle in my brain of an upcoming migraine, work stress and scatterbrained thoughts/actions that I just can't get to go away. Thank goodness for Chris, and my mom who will take a phone call at any hour of the day. Seriously, thank goodness for those two.
- Anderson Cooper giggle. It kills me every time.
- Midnight in Paris. I LOVED this movie, mostly because it made me reminisce about Chris & my summer european vacation last year. I miss the city of lights like you wouldn't believe. It's still playing in some small theaters if you can find it!
- The best burger recipe I've ever made, it's my go-to. With chipotle grilled onions as well? Mmm! I made them this week, with pretzel roll buns from trader joes instead of kaiser rolls. Holy. Pictured above!
- White bean and spinach salad. Made it and loved it (even if the boyfriend wouldn't touch it...haha!)
- Anything with peaches! They are so cheap at the markets right now. Try these peach crumble bars, or more traditional peach crumble. I made the traditional kind for dessert this week, and threw in some ripe pears. It was fantastic.
- This recipe intimidates me. But another excuse to use peaches? I might go for it!
- I got a pedicure at the roose parlour & spa last night, and was so impressed! The locally owned shop can be found right off roosevelt. I felt like I was at home, hanging out with friends while I was there. We had such a great conversation I didn't even have time to read my magazine! I'm already itching to make an appointment to get my hair cut there.
- Handmade cards from this shop. How cool! One of my favorites might have to be this, but could only be used for VERY special people.